Thursday, August 16, 2012

Guest Post: DIY frame decor

Another guest post with my lovely sister Waliya. She recently shared a frame she made for her room on her fb page which got quite a response. And since I love DIYs and sharing them, I asked her to tell us about that project of hers.

Here’s what she had to say!

……………………………

My mom had a very old rusty blue frame lying around the house, And all I knew is that I HAD to use it somehow for my room. So I thought of a few ideas for it. Didn't end up doing any of those though, but I can always save those for next time. So what I ended up doing was spray the frame yellow to give it a new look, wrote down some inspirational words on card-paper, attached them together from all four ends, and here it is. Did this very randomly but it makes my room look happy, I love it!

collage followyourheart

Hope this inspires you in making something fun. Happy crafting ♥

DSC_0337

all photos by Waliya Najib

Isn’t it just super gorgeous! I specially love the contrast of the yellow against the blue wall. Waliya, thanks for sharing love. We are all waiting for you to send us a room tour now ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely, love it. waliya is such a craty-head :D and so you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! <3
    and tell me one thing that,How waliya AAPI; paste all the pictures on the wall? what she use to paste?
    and also tell me that she direct paste on wall or she paste on something then she paste on wall?
    Reply if u have a time.
    Regards: Aymi Kayani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She used scotch tape I think, and directly on the wall!

      Delete
    2. Thanks girl. I dream of a wall like this! <3 :)

      Delete

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!