Sunday, September 9, 2012

DIY: Summer of ‘12 Wreath

Remember when I told you about the wreath that hangs on my door? The one I challenge myself to change every season? That was last summer, Summer of 2011. and then I finally gave it a new look for this summer.

I was in love with pinwheels this spring and ended up making a couple using tutorials I found on pinterest along with a little yarn wrapped wire ‘hello’ and attaching them with wire. Here is what it looks like.

2012-08-29 001

As you can probably tell by now, I love projects that are simple and easy to make in one setting, involving supplies I usually have in the house. Most of my projects are usually made on a whim. Of course some don’t turn out how I want them to, and end up in the trash, but that is always expected with DIYs. That being said, I don’t mind little imperfections in the results either, like here too. I sort of ran out of wire and you’ll notice the ‘o’ in the ‘hello’ is quite rushed. Sigh. Anyways!

2012-08-29 004

Thanks for stopping by:)

2012-08-29 009

8 comments:

  1. MashAllah, your're so talented! I would love to see the post in which you intoduce your whole home and things you have made in it :) GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Najia. Yes inshAllah soon. Starting to work on some posts from various areas around our home! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
    2. you are always welcome! lots of love to to anya! take care! :)

      Delete
  2. wow this is so simple and cute!!!! I love everything simplicity! thanks for the sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wat does this DIY stand for? this curisity is killing me :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thumbxx up..... :) i av a keen desire to met u :*

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!