Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ramblings: Why I blog

2012-05-22 003

I blog because I have this strong need to document this life.

I blog because motherhood is beautiful and challenging and sometimes moms need a bit of motivation and perspective to get going. I blog because I want to share and document my journey.

I blog because I believe in the power of the handmade. I blog them here.

I blog because this is my voice. I blog because life is unpredictable and when I’m not around, a part of me might remain. I blog because my daughter might read this many years from today and know me a little better.

I blog because I want to live an inspired life. I blog because too many people live uninspired/unhappy lives. I blog because this life is precious and I want whoever stops here, to feel that. I blog because I want to inspire and be inspired in the process.

I blog because I have experienced loss. I blog because the way tragedy changes you nothing else can and there is so much to learn about yourself and others at a time like that. I blog because there is always hope and reasons to smile. And I blog because I want to pass that on. 

2012-07-25 033

I blog because I’m a proud Muslim/Pakistani-American and feel its my responsibility to speak more about my religion and culture. I blog because it saddens me when the only voices heard about Islam are the ones that are most ignorant about it. I blog because they don’t represent the beautiful religion I was raised in. I blog because its my responsibility to protect my religion and to pass on its beauty to those around us. I blog because I have yet to come across a Muslim/Pakistani-American voice in the lifestyle blogging world. I blog because I feel there is a strong need for one.

I blog because politicians and those in power can never bring us together, but I believe individuals/words/creativity/art can. I blog because there is beauty in each culture and we have so much to learn from each other. I blog because America is a beautiful country full of beautiful people and opportunities just like Pakistan is, and and if we took the best from both these worlds, we’d be so much richer. 

I blog because at the end of the day we are all more alike than different and I want us to be able to see that. I blog because where there is hate I wish to see love, where there is fear I wish to see understanding. I blog because it is really important to me that we leave a better world for our kids, and this might become my tiny contribution.

 2012-07-24 013

5 comments:

  1. Nataliya, You are so beautiful! I can't explain it in my own words, why is that I don't know but I remember the compliment that the persona shines whether the face's good or not! And I really love your persona and your face obviously because MA God had given you such nice face then why shouldn't I praise Him and you? Beauty and peace in every picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading your comments Najia. Thanks for your endless encouragement and motivation. Lots of love!

      Delete
  2. much inspiring, I knew u have beautiful thoughts but never knew u can give such a power to ur words, this is wut a Pakistani Muslim soul is, delivering this world wut ur responsibility is, stay blessed Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for those words. Means alot. Keep reading. Prayers!

      Delete
  3. Just today I was thinking about letting go of my blog craze. This post made me realise exactly why I can't do that.
    This part is the one I could relate most too: I blog because I want to share and document my journey. ^_^

    Your blog is one of the best blogs at blog-o-sphere, Nataliya Baji. Yeah, I guess I'd be calling you Baji since you're elder than me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!