Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Toddler Activity: Another messy sensory tub

Hey you guys,

So this activity I'm going to share was sort of a fail, because it took more time preparing than Anya actually playing. But anyways, I read this recipe for edible paint, since she's still at an age where she tastes pretty much everything. You basically mix water in flour till you get a paint like consistency, and then add food coloring to make your own colors.

2012-07-30 010





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Anya ended up just feeling around the 'paint' and just pouring it here and there. I didn't really mix the food coloring because I wanted her to discover how the color changed, but she didn't really notice that!

2012-07-30 024

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She loved it for about 5 minutes or so, and then she was ready to go! hehe.

2012-07-30 025

I guess I'll try it next when she's a bit older and hopefully will enjoy it more!

Thanks for stopping by!

2012-07-30 020




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS: I let her do these activities on the kitchen floor with a plastic tablecloth underneath. Makes the cleanup a bit easier!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my himmat hay that you gave her such a messy play :) I fear the cleaning part more since my daughter would roam around all house with it :) and she'll love that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! But i try to put her having a good time and learning above my fear of mess! Somedays she wins, somedays i do! lol

      Delete

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!