Monday, April 29, 2013

Sometimes.

2013-02-07 037

Sometimes when I look at all the injustices that surround us, when I think of how unfair this world can be, when I see good people go bad, when I see the cruelty that can hide inside a person, when I see insensitivity and people taking advantage of the weak.

Sometimes when I see men treating women like they own them , in cultures that flaunt their egos, and when I see women being objectified in the name of feminism in other places - I worry about raising a daughter and all that she and us, her parents, might have to face.

And then I think of the hereafter and the God that mentions time and again how justice will prevail on that day when we all are gathered.

‘And whoever does righteous deeds, whether male or female, while being a believer - those will enter Paradise and will not be wronged, [even as much as] the speck on a date seed.’ -Quran 4:124

‘And the earth will shine with the light of its Lord, and the record [of deeds] will be placed, and the prophets and the witnesses will be brought, and it will be judged between them in truth, and they will not be wronged.’ –Quran 39:69

And I find peace in the fact that whatever life brings, the unfair and the unjust can not prevail forever, and that this life is temporary and we all have to return to the God above us who is always watching, and who knows us and our intentions better than anyone ever could.

2013-02-07 033

I will teach my baby to be the best she can be, I will teach her to be kind, to respect herself and others, to not be afraid to speak the truth, even when no one around her is doing that, to believe in the difference between right and wrong and to be the person that God intended her to be. But that when life and people seem to be unfair, to remember, that this life was never intended to be perfect. There will be injustice, there will be cruelty, not everyone will be with you when you need them to be, and some days all we can do is depend on our God and the day when the truth will finally be revealed.

Thanks for reading and for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!